Well, newsletters went out today to inform parents in Room 6 that I will be leaving at the end of the term. This is a sad time for me but also an exciting time with a promotion at a new school in Palmerston North.
The children have been told that Gael Hickson will be teaching in Room 6 next term. Gael knows all the kids really well and will be a fantastic replacement for me when I go.
I am really looking forward to the next 3 weeks that I get to spend with the kids and I know that we will have a super end to the term.
Production is all but ready to perform now. We are just working on getting 120 children on and off stage as quickly and quietly as possible - the kids are doign an amazing job and I know that they are going to be absolute stars come showtime!
A huge 'thank you' to all parents and friends that helped with cutting and sewing the suits - it was a large job and we are almost at the end of it! Just a few more suits to be returned to school and we are away!
With last week being our last week of practices before Production, it will be a bit 'mucky' with us nabbing the hall to rehearse whenever we can, so if a reading book doesn't come home, please grab one from home to read with your child. It is likely that the kids will be pretty tired as well as yucky bugs still lurking around - so lots of early nights! We will try to keep the daily timetable as normal as possible!
The children have been told that Gael Hickson will be teaching in Room 6 next term. Gael knows all the kids really well and will be a fantastic replacement for me when I go.
I am really looking forward to the next 3 weeks that I get to spend with the kids and I know that we will have a super end to the term.
Production is all but ready to perform now. We are just working on getting 120 children on and off stage as quickly and quietly as possible - the kids are doign an amazing job and I know that they are going to be absolute stars come showtime!
A huge 'thank you' to all parents and friends that helped with cutting and sewing the suits - it was a large job and we are almost at the end of it! Just a few more suits to be returned to school and we are away!
With last week being our last week of practices before Production, it will be a bit 'mucky' with us nabbing the hall to rehearse whenever we can, so if a reading book doesn't come home, please grab one from home to read with your child. It is likely that the kids will be pretty tired as well as yucky bugs still lurking around - so lots of early nights! We will try to keep the daily timetable as normal as possible!
No comments:
Post a Comment