Thursday, July 3, 2008

Parent/Teacher Conferences

It has been great to see so many of you over the last few nights. Conferences are a great way for us to sit down together and reflect on the learning that your child has completed so far this year, and also to look forward and set goals for the remaining two terms of 2008.
Thank you for all the fantastic, positive feedback that you gave during these meetings, while I love sharing the successes of the class, it is always great to hear how happy the kids are and what they love about being in Room 6!
I hope that you enjoyed the these as much as I did.

Some of the learning that we will be embarking on next term is:

Numeracy:
  • Counting in 2s, 5s, and 10s
  • Counting backwards from 20
  • Counting on from the largest number in an equation
  • Subtraction in the range of 0 - 20

Reading:
  • Digging deeper into the comprehension of the children's reading - Who, what, where, why, how?
  • Looking at predicting the story
  • Discussing the beginning, middle and end of the stories
  • Discussing the setting, characters and plot of the story

We will be continuing on with our "Power" theme by looking at "Powerful People" - focussing on the 2008 Olympics.
It is also Production term, and we are all looking forward to participating in the school wide production based on Dr Seuss's "The Lorax".

Thank you for another wonderful term, have a relaxing break with lots of sunny days (fingers crossed for dumpings of snow up the mountain!)

Smiles,
Ginny

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Great stuff happening in Room 6!

Anonymous said...

Hi Room six!

I'm so happy at what your class is doing to help the environment!!!

You will definetaly get into the enviro blog for this!

I hope you keep up all the god work!

Andre, Room 23

You buddy class =D

Anonymous said...

Hi room six!
It's Nikita here, how are you? Your class sounds so exciting, I see your getting ready for the production. Man! you've done so much! Your blog looks amazing! Your doing well Mrs Ives.
You're all little Stars. =-)

kisses- xx
Love from Nikita